Guidance helps members comply with equine legislation
BEVA has updated its online medicines guidance resource to help members negotiate the intricacies of prescribing medicines and to use the Cascade accurately.
The guidance now includes:
· BEVA client information leaflets to help members inform clients of potential adverse effects of medicines when using the Cascade.
· A BEVA branded prescription form to help members comply with RCVS guidance whilst reducing opportunities for prescription fraud.
· Easy to use explanations of the prescribing Cascade in food producing and non-food producing animals including dynamic flow charts to guide members through the decision making steps.
· The BEVA emergency treatment form and interactive flowchart for treating horses without a passport.
· The BEVA award winning PROTECT ME toolkit to create a customised protocol for practices to develop responsible antibiotic use guidelines.
· The BEVA members’ product database to help members share details of suppliers of hard to source medicines.
· BEVA’s guidance on the use of veterinary specials in equine practice.
· Links to download BEVA’s formulary App “BEVA Drugs”
The guidance can be accessed through the Resources for Vets section of the BEVA website.